Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Vinnie and Anna discuss how to survive holiday meals living the NSNG lifestyle. As Vinnie always tells us, “It’s not what you eat between Christmas and New Year’s, it’s what you eat between New Year’s and Christmas. And then there’s gifts! Vinnie and Serena LOVE their custom cutting board from Papesh Crafts. We also learn about Vinnie’s version of “Man on the Street” videos. So let’s get to the meat of the matter…I mean turkey…
Vinnie’s Version: Man on the Street Videos
- Check it out on Youtube.com/user/angriesttrainer or Google “Vinnie Tortorich You Tube”
- Vinnie interviews people as they exit Starbucks and Jamba Juice
- He asks them if they are aware of what’s in their drink
- Are they aware or how many calories or how much sugar
We Love Papesh Crafts
- Amazing holiday gifts or for any day of the year!
- Custom cutting boards, lazy Susan’s, custom wooden wall art,
- They use zero wood chemicals. dyes, stains and/or non food safe wood glues
- Their boards are only treated 100% natural mineral oil
- Check them out on Facebook!
Should You Start NSNG Before the Holidays
- Go for it! Start today! But start slowly.
- This is not a diet, it’s a lifestyle
- Put life into living and enjoy the holidays
How to Navigate the Holiday Meals
- Start by cutting down on sugar and carbs…take smaller portions
- Go to GlutenFreeAnna.com and find recipes
- If you are cooking, no bowl-licking…be aware of “mouth hunger” and real hunger
- Keep something healthy around like a scoop of nut butter
Before the Thanksgiving Meal
- Stay away from wine and beer…you’re starting with sugar too early
- If you have to pick before the meal, reach for nuts or cheese
- Have a cup of coffee and some heavy cream
- Make your own healthy soda with Soda Stream and add a lemon or lime
During the Meal
- Don’t feel like you have to load up your plate
- Be careful with stuffing and potatoes
- Fill your plate with turkey and salad
- Take a little bit of everything and just taste the stuff that is going to make you feel like crap