Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Vinnie talks to Mark and Rick from the Simply Human Podcast about health, fitness, sleep and enjoying life. Additionally, Vinnie decides to teach these “30-something” guys how to be real men and decides that will be the title of his next book.
The Simply Human Podcast
- The Simply Human Podcast Started about a year ago and Vinnie was first guest Rick and Mark have 4 pillars of health: Eat, Sleep, Move and Enjoy. They also have a segment called “ Humans being Human” which are funny stories about being human.
First Pillar – Eat
- It’s easier to focus on eliminating unhealthy foods
- No sugar, no grains, no processed foods
- Keep it simple
Second Pillar – Sleep
- There is a natural process from day to night…it is gradual and tells your body to start slowing down
- Darkness tells your body to start producing Melatonin
- Lights on after dark screw up your circadian rhythm and interferes with sleep
- Body never gets a chance to wind down
Third Pillar – Move
- Move slowly throughout the day
- Can’t walk too much
- Lift heavy things and move body through perfect range of motion
- Strength training is anti-aging
Fourth Pillar – Enjoy
- Need to manage stress
- Stress should be our body’s response to survival … not traffic jams
- Stress causes inflammation which can lead to disease