Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Another fun day in the with Vinnie and Anna. Join them and Brian Recore, an ultra runner who just finished the 2014 Badwater 135 which is globally recognized as the world’s toughest foot race. Vinnie met Brian in Lone Pine where the race started. Listen in as they discuss running, diet, injuries and running without a crew.
Dealing With Injuries
- In the beginning of 2013 Brian damaged the tendons and cartilage in his ankle while playing soccer
- After running three 100 miles races with this injury, he had to get surgery.
- He had planned on doing his 4th Badwater and Western States race but was in too much pain
- He had surgery and was in recovery for 15 months
- Eats NSNG. Not that strict…maybe puts too much life into living
- Especially when he is on the road selling security software, his diet includes steak and veggies, seafood and burger with bottom of bun5,
- Will have a beer
Life in a Week of Brian Recore
- Runs about 60 miles a week in 9 or 10 hours
- When he’s on the road he does about 25-30 miles a week
- On Saturday he does 20-30 miles depending on what race is coming up
Did Race Without A Crew
- 2 weeks before, everyone was unavailable
- Brian used a baby jogger stroller to carry his provisions that weighed about 50 pounds
- He had 4 flat tires between Bakersfield and North Fresno