On this special Friday episode, we revisit the 2 hour Ron Rosedale episode (Controlling Leptin) which originally aired 11 months ago. Enjoy this highly informative, extra long podcast and become a super fan to get even more old podcasts like this!!!!
Dr. Ron Rosedale, nutritional and metabolic expert, joins Vinnie Tortorich on this special 2-hour Friday edition of the Fitness Confidential podcast to discuss what to eat, when to eat, controlling leptin, and how to control the big weight hormone that often allows sugar to kill us: leptin.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
WHO IS ROSEDALE?
- Founder of schools for metabolic research
- Researches diabetes, aging, leptin, insulin, one’s metabolism,
- Says a “disease is caused not by the breakdown of the part itself, but interference in the instructions to that part, a disruption in the unity of the whole”
- The Rosedale diet
- Believes NSNG is the way to go, although an apple or an occasional sweet treat will not kill you or be the cause of an issue
- Book here
- Disease is not just one individual part, it is how your parts interact
- Dr. Rosedale tries to get all parts interacting correctly to control diseases
- Focuses on diabetes, heart disease, metabolic syndrome, etc.
- Communication of all parts is what results in longeivity
- Leptin, a brain hormone, controls when you eat, how much, and how full you feel
- This hormone causes you not to burn fat as fuel
- Therefore, one has to control one’s leptin levels to help their metabolism
- Our high carb, low fat diet compared to other countries really hurts our hearts and diabetes and such
- Most people have leptin levels out of control
- Makes people overeat and store more fat instead of burn it
- Low carbs and high fat!