Wednesdays bring a new weekly short-form podcast brought to you by PureVitaminClub.com, with co-host Andy Schreiber, the CEO of Pure Vitamin Club. Each week, Andy will bring a question regarding fitness, diet or exercise and they will also discuss specific nutrients and their role in overall health.
LET’S NOT GET CARB-O-PHOBIC
- Andy asked Vinnie about bacon
- On the label it says the meat is cured with sugar and yet it has zero carbs and zero sugar…what’s the deal?
- The government allows for a margin of error We are talking about miniscule amounts of sugar that will not spike your insulin
- 2 sources: Methylcobalamin and Cyanocobalamin
- Methylcobalamin is found naturally in foods.
- The vast majority of commercially available vitamins, including high-end brands, use cyanocobalamin which is bound together by a cyanide molecule
- It is 100x cheaper than Methylcobalamin. It does not exist in nature and has to be produced in a lab
- After Cyanocobalamin is metabolized, you are left with traces of cyanide in your system…not enough to hurt you, but poison just the same
SOME BENEFITS OF B12
- Source of energy
- In exclusively Methylcobalamin B12, there is marked improvement in vision
- Good for the nervous system