: Episode 758 – Vinnie & Anna talk about about psyllium husks, sugar in bacon, Anna’s homemade ranch dressing, feeding Skittles to cattle and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- A listener asked about this in smoothies
- Psyllium husks hurt your gut bacteria
- Also will make you bloated
- We used to throw this away as byproduct, but somehow people found a way to market it
- It does not do what is says it will do – it is a scam
- If you need to process something to make it edible/consumable, it is likely bad for you
- Consuming this is like taking the shell off of a peanut and putting it in a drink
- TLDR: DON’T consume!!!
SUGAR AND BACON
- Often, companies will add sugar to bacon or sausages
- Cheaper brands will do this more regularly
- Brown sugar, maple bacon, all of this is bad for you
- Look for PLAIN BACON
ANNA’S RANCH DRESSING
- Anna uses 1/2 a cup of whole milk and 1/2 of a lemon’s worth of lemon juice = buttermilk
- Make your mayo at home if possible (don’t use mayo with canola oil, if possible)
- Whisk all of that together with dill, parsley, other herbs
- 1/2 a tsp of onion and garlic powder each
- A teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Let it congeal in the fridge for around an hour
- Whisk again, and enjoy!