: Episode 751 – David Diamond, PhD joins Vinnie to talk about the fallacy and bad science of Ancel Keys, the China Study and many other anti-fat studies.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- David used to be incredibly unhealthy
- He was urged to use statins and niacin
- In 2006, he was told he MUST go on Lipitor
- Dr. Diamond was open minded at first, but wanted to look into it
- Realized fat was OK, and changed his lifestyle!
- He started with peer-reviewed medical journals
- He was never scared of fat because he is so educated on it
- Studied biology, has a PhD!
- First of all, exercise is a poor way to lose weight!
- For example, more gyms than ever, but more obesity than ever
- Gyms have awesome equipment but so many are still so unhealthy!
DEBUNKING ANTI-FAT STUDIES
- The bread is worse than the butter or cheese for the triglycerides
- Anti-fat studies were paid for by sugar, grain industries
- Ancel Keys conducted a study that only took into account countries that proved his hypothesis true
- He, himself, ate a ton of fat
- FAT DOES NOT CLOG YOUR ARTERIES!
- It is carbs, not fat
- The worst thing that happened to fat, is that someone named it fat